- Receive comprehensive, exceptional dental care
- Form lasting relationships with our trusted, caring staff
- Overcome dental anxiety for a lifetime of good oral health
You should feel confident about the health and appearance of your smile. To make that happen, you need exceptional dental care from an experienced team. Make Dr. John Hening and our highly trained staff your trusted source for quality general dentistry in Durango, CO.
We offer a wide range of dental care services so you can:
- Have peace of mind about the state of your dental health
- Keep your teeth strong and functional
- Prevent a variety of oral health threats with routine care
- Find emergency dental treatment when you need it
- Show off a bright, beautiful smile that fills you with confidence
Keep your smile in great shape! Call us today at 970-507-8391 to request an appointment.
Take A Proactive Approach To Your Dental Care
Junction Creek Family Dentistry offers all the general dental services you and your family need to maintain healthy teeth and gums for a lifetime, such as:
- Dental Cleanings and Exams – Along with daily brushing and flossing, you need to have your teeth professionally cleaned about every six months. We will remove any plaque that has built up on your teeth with an ultrasonic scaler and examine your mouth for tooth decay, cavities, and gum disease.
- Oral Cancer Screenings – Dr. Hening performs quick and painless oral cancer screenings, where he looks for any changes to the lining tissues inside your mouth, lips, and tongue. Early detection is critical in successfully overcoming oral cancer, which is another reason your routine visits are so important to your overall health.
- Fluoride Applications and Dental Sealants – After your teeth are cleaned, we can apply fluoride varnish or treatment. This will strengthen and protect your enamel from harmful bacteria and acids. Dental sealants can be painlessly applied to any teeth that are particularly vulnerable to decay and cavities, such as back molars, as an added barrier against bacteria.
- Gum Disease Treatment – We’re committed to patient education and will talk to you about the oral-systemic connection between gum disease and your overall health. If you have periodontal infection, we will apply a topical anesthetic to make your ultrasonic deep cleaning, called scaling and root planing, more comfortable. If you need follow-up therapy, we will perform antimicrobial pocket treatment to remove bacteria deep below the gumline.
- Custom Mouthguards – We create custom mouthguards right here in our office to treat TMJ disorder and teeth grinding. We can also create retainers and personalized bleaching trays for teeth whitening treatment. To alleviate symptoms of obstructive sleep apnea, we take precise measurements of your mouth and send them to an outside lab that will create a custom night guard for you to wear while you sleep.
- Dry Mouth and Bad Breath Treatments – If you’re struggling with chronic dry mouth or bad breath, Dr. Hening can help you figure out the possible causes and discuss ways to prevent and treat these conditions most effectively. He can even prescribe a high-strength fluoride treatment for dry mouth that remineralizes your tooth enamel and eases root sensitivity.