One of the joints you use most is likely the one you think about the least. It’s your temporomandibular joint (TMJ) that allows you to open and close your mouth, and if it becomes misaligned, the pain you’ll feel will make it hard for you to focus on much else. Dr. John Hening and our team can help with TMJ treatment in Durango, CO.
Our effective solutions for TMJ disorder and teeth grinding will:
- Relieve the pressure being placed on your jaw
- Alleviate painful headaches, migraines, and other symptoms
- Reduce your risk for worn, damaged tooth enamel
- Prevent you from clenching your teeth together so your jaw can heal
Let us help protect your teeth and get you back to living your life free of TMJ pain. Call 970-507-8391 today to request an appointment.
Receive Expert Care For Your TMJ Pain
Our team at Junction Creek Family Dentistry wants you to have the highest standard of care possible. That’s why we’re committed to continuing our education and training to serve you best.
- Trouble opening and closing your mouth
- Pain or discomfort while chewing food
- Frequent headaches or migraines
- Involuntary teeth grinding and jaw clenching, especially when stressed
- Muscle tension and soreness in your face, neck, ears, and shoulders
- Clicking or popping noises in your jaw when chewing, laughing, or yawning
- Damaged tooth enamel or increased teeth sensitivity
We can create a custom mouthguard that fits comfortably over your teeth. It will help prevent you from grinding and clenching your jaw, alleviate pain and muscle tension, and let your jaw heal naturally. Our treatment can also preserve your smile and reduce your risk for oral health problems by properly aligning your teeth and preventing damage and premature wear.