You can now schedule a dental appointment at our open dentist office in Durango, CO. We are open Monday through Thursday, so you can take of our full range of hygiene services. Before you plan your visit, we invite you to read our letter to patients below to learn about the new protocols we have put in place in light of COVID-19. Then, call 970-507-8391 or fill out our online form to contact Junction Creek Family Dentistry.
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over these last 10 weeks, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal schedules and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection Control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office. We will also take your temperature to see if you may be running a fever.
- If you have been wearing a mask, please wear your mask to your appointment. If you do not have one, we will provide one for you.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception room and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- We will give you a pre-rinse of .12% chlorhexidine gluconate (PERIDEX) and have you swish this for 20 seconds.
- You may see that our reception room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between each patient to reduce waiting times for you, as well as reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We kindly request that you do not bring anyone with you into our office. If someone drove you, they may stay in their vehicle in the parking lot.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 970-507-8391 or submit a request via our online form.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
John C. Hening DDS