When you don’t get enough rest night after night because of breathing problems or loud snoring, you and your sleep partner will likely feel sluggish, irritable, and distracted day after day. We can help you end the vicious cycle of sleep apnea in Durango, CO.
Dr. Hening can coordinate with a trusted local physician to help you find relief so you can:
- Sleep more deeply each night and wake up feeling refreshed
- Feel more energized and focused throughout the day
- Improve your mood and restore intimacy in your relationship
- Reduce your risk for health problems like heart attack, hypertension, and stroke
Improve Your Sleep Quality For A Happier, Healthier Life
A restless night’s sleep here and there isn’t going to affect your life that much, but sustained sleep deprivation is an entirely different story. Sleep apnea is a chronic condition that disrupts your rest night after night, and it can have a profound impact on your health and quality of life.
Here are some of the symptoms you might experience as a sleep apnea sufferer:
- Loud, persistent snoring each night and extreme fatigue each day
- Waking up throughout the night because you can’t breathe
- Headaches, dry mouth, and sore throat, especially in the morning
- Difficulties with memory, focus, and concentration
- Weight gain for no obvious reason
- Bouts of irritability, unpredictable mood swings, or depression
This is only the beginning! Not only do these symptoms significantly disrupt your daily life, but untreated sleep apnea can also put you at risk for serious health problems like heart disease, heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure, and more.
When you visit Dr. Hening for an evaluation, he can screen you for signs of sleep apnea. He can then set you up with a trusted local physician for a more thorough sleep study and proper diagnosis. Based on your individual needs, your treatment plan will be designed by the physician, which may include a custom oral appliance we’ll design to help you breathe easily for a better night’s sleep. Either way, visiting Dr. Hening is the first step in getting you the deep, restorative sleep your body needs so you can live a happier, healthier life!